For the nutritionist Sònia Cibrián, all foods are necessary in our diet so that our body can function correctly, even those with a high caloric intake. In fact, as long as they are taken in moderation it can also be healthy.
The expert analyzes 5 foods that, despite being high in calories, should not be eliminated from the diet:
1. Dry Fruits: About 100 gr. of nuts provide about 600 kcal, but also omega3, fiber, protein, vitamin E and selenium. Therefore, it is advisable to take a small handful, 6-8 walnuts or almonds, at mid-morning or for a snack to take advantage of all its benefits without exceeding the calories. In addition, people who eat nuts regularly in their diet have less risk of developing cardiovascular and coronary diseases.
2. Avocado: Provides about 230 kcal. for every 100 gr. It is a food rich in healthy fatty acids, folic acid and potassium, making it ideal for athletes. Also, some research reveals that ingesting the potassium contained in the avocado, for every 100 grams, is recommended to reduce those diseases related to blood pressure. A good option is to include half a piece at breakfast or lunch.
3. Olive oil: With 899 kcal. Each 100 gr. It is one of the most caloric foods, although healthy. There is no need to remove it or eliminate it from the diet, but it is necessary to restrict its consumption to 2-4 spoons a day and, preferably, in raw.
4. Dark chocolate: Provides 540 kcal. per 100gr. Its content in various vitamins and proteins makes it a good complement in hypocaloric diets in times of ‘weakness’, yes, in small portions. In addition, there are studies that claim that it is beneficial for the health of the heart and helps activate the metabolism.
5. Honey: This natural sweetener provides 320 kcal. for every 100 gr. Although its glycemic index is lower than that of sugar, it is necessary to consider the high energy contribution that it entails for our organism. In fact, some reports indicate that it helps activate the brain and fight dementia. Being a very sweet food will make us consume fewer calories, since a small amount will be more than enough.
In short, the most important thing is to follow a healthy, varied and balanced diet, without fear of introducing any food in our diet, but always in moderation.